Everyone has a different opinion on whether they want their kids to grow up in a small town or a big city. There are pros and cons to each side. My whole life I have grown up in a small city. Which I am very thankful for. Sometimes I wish I grew up in a big city just to experience that. Everyone says they hate Bluffton, that everyone knows everyone and blah blah. For me I love growing up in Bluffton. As a small community, everyone pulls together when it is needed. Sure we have problems but I would not want to grow up anywhere else.
Of course I want to get out of Bluffton just to experience new things but if I ever had kids I would want them to be raised in Bluffton or a town like Bluffton. The first reason why I would choose a small town is because the schools are smaller. I like small classes where the teacher is able to help the students. If you go to a big city most teachers do not have time for every student. If I went to a bigger school I would probably struggle a lot more in school. My other reason for growing up in a small town is that it is much more safer. Sure there is crime everywhere you go but I feel more protected in Bluffton then I do in Fort Wayne or Indy. My last reason is what I mentioned before. As a small community we come together when needed. For example, Mr.Baker and Mr.Thompson. Our whole community is coming together to raise money and do great things. In a big city I do not think you would get that much of that there.
So my theory on life about this is that once I graduate high school and then I go to college in a big city. That way I can experience the feel of a bigger city. If I ever have kids I will settle down and move to smaller city or come back here. I like to experience new and wild things but I want my kids to have the same happy, safe,and good childhood like I had. I feel like my kids would be gang bangers or something if I raised them in a big city. My mom came from Detroit to give me a better life and I am so thankful she did. I love growing up in a small city.
I love you style of writing, you are very forth coming with emotions and your tone is as if you are talking to a friend. Good job Dalton! I think these journal/posts will really help all your formal writing too!
ReplyDelete